Services for Current International Students

The OIAS provides ONE-STOP SERVICE for both on- and off-campus matters for current international students enrolled in the School of Science, Graduate School of Science, Graduate School of Life Science, and Graduate School Chemical Sciences & Engineering*.

When you arrive in Sapporo first time, you might not be familiar with various services provided at Hokkaido University and the local municipality. We are happy to assist you to get familiar with Hokkaido University and Sapporo!!

We have listed some of our services as examples below. If you need any support from us, just contact us via telephone or e-mail. You can also just stop by our office.

*Limited to the international students whose supervisors belong to the Faculty of Science

Examples of Our Services

On-campus matters

  • Introducing services within the university such as Health Care Center, Counselling Service, Scholarship info., Sports and cultural club activities, etc.
  • Providing course information
  • Providing various academic deadlines
  • Filling out the various Japanese forms
  • Acting as Interpreter when you talk to staff who does not speak good English.

Concerning the following information, please visit “RIGAKU JOHO SYSTEM”. (*Login is required)

  • Course Registration (Graduate School of Science/Life Science)
  • Academic Calendar
  • Dissertation Guide

Off-campus matters

  • Introducing services off-campus (including services provided by the local municipality)
  • Acting as Interpreter when you have to call offices and companies in Japanese such as Ward office, Tax office, Nursery, Elementary school, Water company, Gas and electric company, Property management company/Landlord, Hospital (reservation only), Student dormitory, etc.
  • Translating and explaining Japanese letters and notification you received
  • Guiding how to extend your student visa